THRIVE Head & Spinal Care takes concussions seriously. If you have gone through the typical concussion protocol & treatments and are still experiencing symptoms, we can help. Concussions can alter brain function so that the simple things we’re used to do throughout the day become difficult, exhausting and sometimes impossible.
Common Post Concussion Symptoms:
1) Difficulty staying focused on a task or conversation
2) Finding the right words or phrases to complete a sentence
3) Forgetting what you were going to do next
4) Abnormal sleep patterns
5) Experiencing brain fog affecting work & school
6) Increased sensitivity to light, sound and/or movement
7) Changes in personality & a decrease in facial expressions
8) Increased irritability
It’s important to remember that a concussion often involves more than just the head and brain. It usually involves the neck too. Especially where the upper neck meets the head. This is referred to as the Upper Cervical area. In addition, concussions can cause problems with the eyes and the vestibular system within the inner ear. Problems in all these areas increase the risk of experiencing dizziness, memory issues, headaches, ringing in the ears, and more.
“The same trauma that produces concussion may also produce neck injury.”Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2019 Jun;14(3):334-344. doi: 10.26603/ijspt20190334.
The key to recovery is to identify and address all the issues involved in a concussion. Getting you back to normal is the goal. At THRIVE Head & Spinal Care we are here to help.
For more information: https://thriveheadandspinalcare.com/post-concussion-syndrome/